Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Returning...

Greetings to all readers and followers! I have been away for several months on a hiatus from writing due mostly to a dryness in my spirituality. We have all experienced the 'dark night of the soul' and it can sometimes be life changing. It certainly has changed mine.

I am sure that in the weeks to come, I will be able to share some of my insights and perspectives on this 'dark night' and the resulting life changes for all those who would care to continue reading..

Thanks to my few faithful followers who have continued to occasionally post comments to previous blog entries and to those who have checked back every once in a while to see if I had returned. I am grateful for your continued interest.

I have also changed the name of my blog from Celtic Soul to Celtic Catholic Soul to more thoroughly express what this blog is about and where my perspectives come from..

During this period of absence, many things have happened in my life that will probably become fodder for writing over the next few weeks. In May, I "retired" from a company where I had worked for 30 years. This was a huge decision. To walk away from the one thing that I had always seen as the 'stable' part of my life was difficult but necessary. Stagnation is soul killing and I had come to a point where the mere thought of yet another day in a cubicle was beyond anything I was willing to endure..

On the other hand, this translated into a whole new way of 'being' in the world. I am still, 8 months later, learning how to live this new life. Everything has to be re-thought and re-adjusted to accommodate this new life. All aspects of my day, from 'what time is good to get up?' (now that I don't punch a clock) to how much time do I devote to recreation vs. working vs. family time, have to be looked at and evaluated.

My lifestyle is certainly changing and as I struggle to find my way in this new life, I'm sure many thoughts and reflections will find their way into the writing on this blog. If they can help anyone else to maneuver through new and sometimes difficult waters, then it will be my prayer that we can find our new ways together.

No comments:

Post a Comment